Friday, April 11, 2008

SICK OF BEING SICK!!!

I am SO over this whole morning sickness thing. It would be one thing if it was only in the morning... But NO... All day? Ugh.... McKay says that I am complaining less so I must be feeling better. Rather, the truth is that I am just starting to accept it as part of my current "normal" life. And hey - I am tired of hearing myself complain! Ha! :)
The kids are so funny about it. Bella is ready to dis-include me from all family functions and activities because in her words "She's STILL sick." Today was a prized day as we all (Cole, Bella and I) took a nap! My kids are way beyond the napping stage so it is a rare treat when they fall asleep in the car and transfer to the house still zonked. So grateful for those times! I got a whole two hours - YAY! Cole woke up and was hollering at me from his bed in the next room.

Cole: "Mom?! Mom?!"
Me: "Yes?"
Cole: "Where are you? Are you in you bed?"
Me: "Yes."
Cole: "Mom - it is NOT night time! Yook (look -can't say his Ls just yet) outside."
Me: "I know Coley. Mommy just doesn't feel good. My tummy is sick."
Cole: "Mooooommmm! Get up!" (And in the most annoyed tone you can imagine...) "Get some food!"

He thinks he has it all figured out. Hee hee... He is so cute. I feel bad that he is getting annoyed - believe me, if I could change it I would! I have all sorts of new found sympathy for the mothers that get so sick during pregnancy. I have always felt bad for you, but now I have true empathy. Not sure how you do it over and over again.... I know that they say you forget, but fat chance I will! Yuck! You ladies are amazing... Mom, Kate, Shelb and Becky - you are my heroes! Thanks so much for your loving phone calls and all the offers to help. I have the sweetest friends and family. Loves to all...

15 comments:

Kelie said...

so sorry this is dragging out for you! no fun at all! i hope it gets better soon! love you so much and miss you!

Palmer Family said...

Steph, I am so sorry. I got soo sick this pregnancy, for a full 18 weeks. It was the worst. I don't know what to tell you except just hang in there, it will go away!!

Mark andTiffani said...

Steph, I'm not going to lie, I've peeked in on your blogspot too on occasion. You and your family are just so beautiful. So I there is going to be a new little addition soon?! Congrats! Loves ya!

becky said...

it's a bummer you're so sick! let's hurry up and get better...we need some serious playtime! do you like how i use the term "we"...teeheehee.

tiff and chris johnson said...

oh steffy i'm so sorry you're so sicky! I think i'm on my road to barf-town, i can feel it comin. GIrl party? pj's and movies all day good idea? i love you!

Trish said...

So sorry, too! But you get a cute baby when it is all over with...does that help? xoxo

Crystal said...

I know, I had a totally easy pregnancy with Riley...I dread the sickness that may happen in the future...You are such a trooper and it is totally okay to complain...Lets be honest it Sucks to be Sick!

Lisanne Lee said...

Steph,

Honey-I just can't imagine what you're feeling! What does sick mean when you're pregnant? I don't know. I hope I never do. You have too much on your plate. Come end of May you can check one BIG item off your list. hooray!

I love you and am here for you always.

Loves,

Lisanne

Karen Scoffield said...

I am sorry to hear you are sick! I hope it will pass soon..how many weeks are you? Have you tried any meds.? I hear half a unisom at night before bed takes the edge off, but I am sure you know about it and your sickness is probably too much for it. Get better soon!

Ash said...

Steph You were suspose to bring Cole over you little one. I hope you are starting to feel better. You deserve the best. I love ya. Let me know if there is anyting I can do. Your simply amazing what you have accomplished over these past few months.

bstoutfamily said...

Oh yuck! I am SO sorry...there is nothing quite like pregnancy sickness--it is the worst! I hope you start feeling better soon! It's amazing how much we sacrifice for our sweet children before they are even born!! But it's all worth it in the end!!

Broadbent Family said...

Steph, I'm so sorry you have been sick! There is nothing like pregnancy sickness! Ugh. It will be so worth it thought--your kids are so stinking cute! I love the little conversation with Cole. You are such a darling mom...what we do to get these kids here!! Love you Steph! I missed seeing you at book club! It's stupid that it takes book club to get together!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Hello, Christensen's! I ran into your blog when I found Steve and Katie's...this is Nicole Madsen, married to Matt of the "Clovis Madsen's." Old friends! I believe we met this summer at Tiffany's wedding reception in CA.

Love your blog! You are your family are adorable! I added a link to you on our blog - hope you don't mind...it's great to keep in touch with old friends (and make new ones!)

Sandgren Family said...

I'm sorry you still feel so crappy. Please let me know whatever you need help with!!!!
Cole is so funny. His comments crack me up. He's just like every other man. No sympathy and they think they've got the answer. :-)
Hang in there!
Katrina