Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ouch!

Whats happening? Last night Steph was out and all the kids but Bella were down. I sat on the couch and Bella curled up next to me with a blanket, tucking herself beneath my arm. We pop in Hannah Montana, the movie! Bella's choice, but I'm kinda diggin it. Miley wants to be Hannah cause Hannah is a star, and Hannah doesn't want to be Miley cause Miley is a cowgirl. But! Miley has a boy...and a grandma...and chickens...in Tennessee. You know, lots of tension. So she tells her dad to stop the truck and pull over so she can walk from Teenessee to NY and be famous. Soon she's sitting there, stranded, with her suit case on the side of the road when HE pulls up -the boy - striding on his horse. He stops, slides down from the horse and turns to Miley, raising the brim of his cap to reveal some charming boyish grin. And thats when it happens. I hear a voice beside me say, "Ouch!"
"Wait, what?" I say confused.
Bella looks at me demured, realizing she said aloud what she meant only to say in that innocent seven year old head of hers. "You know Dad," she says, bitting her thumb nail, hoping her nonchalaunce might soften the blow. "Ouch, like when a girl sees a boy she has a crush on...she says ouch!"
Huh? Speechless....
What happened? Where did my little girl go?
MAC

10 comments:

martha corinna said...

Ah-oh. Better watch out for Bella.

Sarah said...

so that's the new lingo "ouch". Oh it starts so young...

tiff and chris johnson said...

HAHAHAHAH i'm totally using that from now on. Apparently daaaang is no longer in style. I love that little froo froo. I can't wait to see her.

P.S. The Hannah Montana movie rocks. I totally rented it the other night "for ellie." My not even one-year-old. She understood it right??

Beck said...

OMG Im dying right now. Seriously hillarious! Too funny. Bella you rock!

p.s. nice recap of the movie McCay. Loved it. haha!

Anonymous said...

our babies are getting so big! scary. luckily they have such good daddies like you and jay to guide them through it all! xoxo

Ash said...

This has to be the cutest story I have heard. I love sweet Bella. She is going to be a Miley Cyrus! She has the potential and the most darling family to support her, she kind of already is a Miley Cyrus, don't you think. I think she gets that from her most beautiful Mom! She definately has been raised right. Is Bella too old for Jade? Mrs. Steph thanks for your sweet sweet comments. You made my day today. Thanks for always being so sweet. I love ya Lady so much. How is Bella Feeling?? It was cute I picked Jade up from school today and he said guess what mom, I said what? He said "Cole was at school today." He was so excited. It was cute. If only I had a girl next would she really be able to date your boys, that would be a fantasy come true for her!! Love you sweet Steph! Let's play soon!

Trish said...

Oh dear! How cute! Thanks for such a fun date tonight! It was WAY overdue!! Love you guys!!

Not quite Utards said...

Um, dang. Seven going on 17. I haven't sensed any interest in boys from my 6 1/2 year old yet, but maybe she's just keeping her thoughts to herself...as Bella probably wishes she had done. She's exposed now. Aaaah!

Shannon said...

that is so dang funny, and cute, and scary. little girls grow up too fast! darling though. what a cute moment. :) hope your fam is well.

Sophie Grace said...

Such sites are important because they provide a large dose of useful information. PLEase coming site instagram viewer to read a lots blogs on instagram.